Pandemic Library, Episode 1: Into the Vlogosphere

So the other day, Mr. Durgin, CMS's intrepid principal, suggested that I consider starting a library vlog as a way to remind students of library checkout times and weekly library challenges.

My initial reaction was an immediate and emphatic "No!" And then I thought it through. The vlog would be primarily for middle school students, many of whom love making and watching videos. Maybe I could inspire them to be guest vloggers.

My sister suggested wearing a different hat each time. I thought about playing a tune on the ukulele. Maybe, I thought, this could be fun.

I decided to name the vlog "Pandemic Library." Kind of catchy, in a current events, dystopian way.

It turns out that making a video is harder than I thought. Not that I thought it would be easy, but I had never made one before, and let's just say that there were technical challenges.

More than that, there were creative issues. And speaking issues. And organization and editing issues. There were even how-to-hold-the-phone-while-videoing issues, as you will see.

Nevertheless, I am publishing this post, with a link to the video I made today. Please save us all from more bad video by creating a video of your own and becoming a guest vlogger on Pandemic Library.

Click on the link: Pandemic Library.

Comments

  1. Great job with the virtual #SocialDistancing :) I miss the library!!! But I like the virtual Pandemic Library too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ask a Naturalist: Part 1

Ask a Librarian: Answers You Won't Get From Google: Science Friday

Pandemic Librarian Gets Back to Nature